Workshops, exhibitions, events... a handy round up of what's happening at The Beaney museum in...
Our Canterbury Museums and Galleries Annual Review 2018/19, highlights our key achievements.
In 2018, Canterbury Museums and Galleries released a new and ambitious vision for the service; a world of people, places, exploration and surprises. In this review, we looked back at a year of experimentation, innovation and learning, from high profile events to in-depth collection care.
2018 highlight includes:
- Over 327,000 visitors.
- Providing learning resources for 5,642 school children through 129 workshops and activities.
- Hosting 63 specialist workshops for people with disabilities or at risk of social exclusion.
- Working with 49 museum volunteers who contributed a total of 1,465 hours of support.
- Using our collection to engage patients suffering from mental health conditions including object handling in a hospital setting.
- Protection and preservation of over 50,000 objects within the museum collection.
- Renewed accreditation for both Canterbury Roman Museum and The Beaney House of Art and Knowledge.
- Planning for our redesign of The Beaney House of Art and Knowledge, and the opening of new and refreshed exhibits at Canterbury Roman Museum.
If you would like a full copy of the annual review please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank our funders, partners and supporters who have enabled us to make a real difference to both local residents and visitors to Canterbury.
Find out how you can support us here.