Educational Workshops for International Schools
Canterbury Museums & Galleries welcome thousands of International students to the museums each year, many of whom benefit from our extensive learning programme.
We have been delivering inspiring educational workshops for over two decades, bringing subjects to life as part of a rich and fun experience.
Booking an activity provides your pupils with the unique opportunity to learn alongside a vast collection of over 5,000 inspirational artefacts and works of art, whilst giving them the opportunity to practice their English speaking and listening skills.
Our dedicated Learning team will work with you to ensure you get the most from your visit, so whether you are exploring art, investigating Canterbury archaeology, or looking to discover some incredible historic collections from around the globe, there is bound to be a workshop to suit your international schools needs.
All our workshops are easily adapted for international schools. If you have any questions or particular concerns about the needs of your group please contact Learning@canterbury.gov.uk.
We are happy to announce that we are welcoming schools and educational groups back to the museums for teacher-led visits, facilitated workshops and tours.
Canterbury Museums & Galleries have been delivering fun and inspiring educational workshops for over 20 years, bringing subjects to life as part of a rich, cross-curricular experience.
Inspired by our award-winning Health and Wellbeing programme, our Learning offer provides the opportunity to explore, share and socialise to renew confidence and friendships. We are in a unique position to support your school’s pandemic recovery curriculum and we look forward to welcoming you back to the museums!
We have new procedures in place to ensure that your visit will be as safe and enjoyable as possible:
- Your group will have exclusive access to the museum galleries which will be closed to the public for the duration of your visit.
- You will also have exclusive access to designated toilets and a lunch space if required.
- Areas used for workshops are cleaned before and after visits and resources are cleaned or quarantined before and after use.
- We are temporarily waiving our cancellation fees in the event that schools need to cancel due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Our offer is highly flexible and If you would like to discuss your requirements please contact our Collections and Learning team: Learning@canterbury.gov.uk