Health & Wellbeing in Museums Toolkit
The Beaney has created a brand new Health and Wellbeing in Museums Toolkit which provides the reader with a step by step process for planning health and wellbeing activities in museum spaces!
As part of our ongoing commitment to embedding health and wellbeing in our work, we have brought together our experience and learning into one document which provides the reader with a step by step process for planning health and wellbeing activities in museum spaces. This toolkit includes information on:
- The evidence base for health and wellbeing in museums.
- How to make your programme relevant by understanding the needs of your local community.
- Linking up with community partner organisations.
- Information on planning activities including obtaining funding.
- Practical guidance on evaluation and measuring the impact of your work.
- A bibliography with links to useful resources and further reading.
The toolkit was piloted with local museums and developed with their feedback, which was incorporated into the final document alongside case studies from The Beaney, Chatham Historic Dockyard Trust and The Amelia. It also includes input from volunteers, participants and facilitators at The Beaney.
This toolkit was developed using funds through our work as part of the Kent and Medway Museums Consortium Portfolio NPO supported using funding from Arts Council England.