Privacy Notice for Mailchimp Mailing List
Canterbury City Council is the data controller and recipient of your personal data. Your data will be shared with our mailing list provider, Mailchimp. You will have to agree to Mailchimp’s terms and conditions to use their service, and if you would like your data to be erased you may have to ask Mailchimp directly.
Your personal data is processed under General Data Protection Regulations Article 6.1(a) for the following purpose to send you emails about upcoming exhibitions, events, workshops, projects and news. Your personal data will be stored in the United States which has received an adequacy decision, in respect of data protection, from the European Commission. Your data will be kept as stated in our document retention policy.
You have the following rights:
- The right to access your personal data
- The right to rectify or correct your personal data
- The right to portable copy of your personal data
- The right to have your personal data erased
- The right to withdraw your consent that allows us to process your personal data (just click on the unsubscribe option in an email)
- The right to restrict the processing of your data
- The right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You also have the right to object to our processing of your personal data relating to direct marketing or including profiling that relates to direct marketing.
The appointed Data Protection Officer is the Canterbury City Council’s Head of Corporate Governance. Contact details are:
Post: Head of Corporate Governance, Civic Offices, Military Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 1YW
Phone: 01227 862 175
Canterbury City Council can be contacted at:
Address: Civic Offices, Military Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 1YW
Phone: 01227 862 000