Explore the Ancient Greeks through a range of activities which you can mix and match to create your…
The Beaney Highlights Tour
Explore some of our key artefacts and art works at The Beaney House of Art and Knowledge! Our tour guide will take you around the galleries to explore the Collection and discuss some of our star objects.
Develop your investigative enquiry skills and discover the stories behind key artefacts and artworks in the Collection as you explore the museum in an interactive tour.
Upon arrival please introduce yourselves at the information desk where our tour guide will greet you, show you where to put coats and bags and lead you into the museum where the tour will take place.
The tour, lasting approx 45 mins, gives a fascinating insight into the stories behind The Beaney building and its diverse collections.
The Beaney Highlights Tour runs for 45 minutes and can be taken during the museum’s opening hours:
Tuesday to Saturday: 10am to 5pm
Sunday: 11am to 4pm
Capacity & Age Groups
Maximum numbers for The Beaney Highlights Tour is 32 pupils plus accompanying teachers. For larger groups we can split you into 2 groups and you can combine your visit with other activities or a museum visit whilst the groups take it in turns to participate in the workshop. Key stage 2 and 3, intermediate and advanced ESOL students.
£3.00 per pupil, accompanying adults are free. Min charge £70.
Please enquire if you require a lunch space and we will do our best to accommodate you, however a lunch space cannot be guaranteed.
- We advise that all teachers conduct a preliminary visit before arriving with their pupils.
- Please ensure that all accompanying adults on your visit are aware of their role on the visit and are prepared to engage in the learning and support the pupils.
- The group leader is responsible for the behaviour and well-being of their group at all times.
- Please arrive promptly ready to start your visit allowing time for traffic, coach parking and walking through the busy city centre.
- There is no parking outside The Beaney or Canterbury Roman Museum. Coach drivers can book an appropriate coach drop off time at Canterbury Bus Station (5 minutes’ walk), or a parking space at Canterbury Coach Park (15 minutes’ walk)
- If payment for the visit is not made on the day, we will invoice for the number of pupils originally booked or the number that actually visited on the day (whichever is higher). If a visit is cancelled less than 2 weeks before it is due to take place, we regret we will still require payment to cover incurred costs.
- Payment is preferred 2 weeks in advance by cash, credit card or cheque payable to Canterbury City Council. In exceptional circumstances, and if no other payment method is possible we may be able to invoice.
Terms & Conditions
Payment can be made on the day of your visit in cash, by credit card or via a cheque made payable to Canterbury City Council. If payment is not made on the day, we will invoice for the number of pupils originally booked or however many actually visited on the day (whichever is higher). If a visit is cancelled less than 2 weeks before it is due to take place, we regret we will still request payment to cover incurred costs.
Responsibility for children on site
Please ensure that all accompanying adults are aware of their role on the visit and are prepared to engage in the learning and support the pupils.
The group leader is responsible for the behaviour and well-being of their group at all times including first aid and ensuring participants are engaged in the activity. The group leaders will be liable for any breakages or damage to Museum property or collections. Your staff should accompany your pupils at all times. Learning activities cannot be delivered by our staff unless your pupils are accompanied by relevant staff numbers.
If your group arrives late, please note that the duration of the workshop may be reduced (to end at the scheduled time) in order not to run over into time booked by other later groups and therefore the workshop content may not be as advertised. The charges will remain as advertised.
Please download and complete the relevant Risk Assessment for your visit: